Saturday, January 3, 2009

Caution: This is Extra Cheezy!

During a recent night out with friends, one topic of discussion was "Guilty Pleasures". We were sitting in a local "Starbucks", sipping our delicious brews when I casually mentioned my unhealthy & very secret addiction to "Cheetos". Well, of course...Greg HAD to point out that he had caught me "orange-handed" in the pantry, just the night before. Yes, I am ashamed...yet pleasantly satisfied all at the same time.

The best part is...it was a secret bag...one that not even Wyatt could find...


*insert evil laugh here*

I hoard Cheetos.



Hey, listen...don't be out there judging...I know that I'm not the only partaker of unhealthy snacks. I mean really, who can resist that cheezy, greasy, cheezy, crunchy, cheezy sensation?!

Ok, so I looked up the nutrition facts for Cheetos & here's what it says:




Woo Hoo, no trans fat! BUT - What they fail to mention is that 1 oz. of Cheetos is like NOTHING! It's like 8 chips & who eats just 8 Cheetos? Not me! A small bag of Cheetos actually contains 2 oz., so we have to DOUBLE everything up there - GOOD GRAVY, that means 20, yes TWENTY, grams of FAT & 320 calories - What am I thinking?!?!

Ok - no more Cheetos for JeNiFuN.

For at least one month.

I feel the need to come clean & purge all of my secret food addictions right now - in an attempt to start the New Year with a healthy & fresh approach! So, with a little hesitation, I will list some items that I have difficulty resisting & could eat BUCKETS of...items that I am going to do my best to avoid during this fresh, new year - here goes:

My name is Jennifer & I am secretly addicted to...

CHEETOS

FRENCH FRIES

&
GIRL SCOUT THIN MINTS


Umm - well, ok - I think I'll stop there for now...I mean, I don't wanna embarrass myself TOO much, in the event one of you might catch me out in public "orange-handed"!
I do have a little pride left here.


Wish me luck as I attempt to escape the evil snares of these guilty pleasures.

It won't be easy. I may need therapy.



Now - thanks to my dear friend, Candace (Hi, Candace!)...I have a NEW addiction for 2009...

I shall be strong & resist all Cheetos...

and instead, settle for...

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Twist



Skinny,
Tall,
&
DECAFFEINATED!
(per Greg's request)
you don't wanna see Jen all jacked up on straight coffee...evidently...I'm like a cyclone.

Please, don't make me show you the nutrition facts...I just can't bear for you to know how many grams of sugar we're talking about here when we add the whipped cream - which is non-negotiable.

Hey, a girl's gotta have SOMETHING to live for!

Sidebar: I hold Candace personally responsible for any additional weight gain

Happy New Year & Love to All!



P.S. Did anyone nearly spit out their drink at the screen
when they noticed that Greg went to Starbucks?

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are addicted! When do you want to go again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon! I will be SO bummed whenever the season changes & they get rid of my new favorite flavor!! What will they have in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think you forgot your DIET COKE addiction. Its worse than any of the others you mentioned.

    love ya
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim says, she loves cheetos and has a really hard time resisting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, "Anonymous"! :) Is this my brother??

    Listen bro - we don't need to go pointing out any other addictions...and besides...my Diet Coke addiction is not a secret private hide in the pantry kind of addiction - so there!

    Oh, and...To Kim: Thank you for admitting & identifying with my weakness. Tell my smarty pants brother that I will NEVER give up Diet Coke - EVER.

    Love you guys too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post. I wanted to mention you don't necessarily have to give up the TASTE of Girl Scout thin-mints--remember our conversation at Walmart months ago about chocolate mint Zoneperfect bars? WOO HOO! Maybe someone will come out with a Cheetos flavored nutrition bar! (Cross your fingers!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! Yes, actually...I eat one of the Choc Mint Zone Perfect bars nearly every single day! Hmmm...that might be a possibility for the Cheetos bar! I know that I would sure try them!

    P.S. The baked Cheetos are just NOT the same...I've tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walking into Starbucks in Manhattan last summer was a real eye opener. NY requires by law that calorie counts are publiced. YIKES!!! Made me think twice about the amount of Frappucinos I have consumed over the years (although skinny and sans whipped cream).

    ... This always did make me wonder: people that order skinny frapps WITH whipped cream?!?

    Anyhoo... Good luck Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean...but, it's like we convince ourselves - Hey, I can have the whipped cream because the rest of the drink is fat-free...so they cancel each other out! haha

    I am looking forward to trying the new "Black Tazo® Tea Latte"...it sounds wonderful & I LOVE tea!

    SO - have you ever tried "Cheetos"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Cheetos :-D Have you tried the baked ones? 1 oz is 130 calories and only 5 grams of fat and provides 2 grams of protein. I see someone says the're not the same but I think they're pretty darn good.


    As for Starbucks I usually stear clear these days for both of my bottom lines (financial and physical) but I love thier seasonal espresso truffle and my favorite everyday is cinnamon dulce latte. I will forever be reminded of trolling the streets of New York City in January with a certain attractive pilot friend of mine with that hot latte keeping me warm. (the drink, not the pilot. LOL!)

    Have a super day Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suppose that I could try the baked Cheetos again & maybe if I go without the fatty ones for a while...I will forget all the extra yumminess that they provide & be content with the more healthy choice. I'll add them to my cart next time & give it a shot! :)

    Yes, Starbucks is also a huge waste of money. I spent over $4 bucks on a drink & was thinking to myself - "Self, this is NOT practical on a regular basis!) ;)

    I'm sure that the drink/man combo had you all nice & toasty!! haha

    Have a wonderful week, Loretta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Cheetos, though they are rarely my first choice. Gotta love those Thin Mint cookies though....mmmmm

    ReplyDelete