Monday, November 17, 2008

As Seen on TV

Ok - so it's 3:06am...and I'm at work...7 hours 46 minutes down/4 hours 24 minutes to go - Yipee! TV is SO bad right now that I nearly phoned in to order "Pedi-Paws", after viewing the very lengthy infomercial for the 6th time. Hey, if I order within the next 10 minutes then I will receive the bonus shed ender absolutely FREE - yes, FREE! I mean...I'm SO tired that I even, for one brief second, considered just completing ALL of my Christmas shopping at that very moment - it's final - everyone shall receive a Pedi-Paws for Christmas! Who cares if you have a pet...try it on yourself for goodness sake...it's a gift!

Good grief...I need sleep.

But, seriously - the Pedi-Paws thing sounds REALLY cool & I'm sitting here wondering...Has anyone out there purchased & tried to clip their pets nails with it? If so, PLEASE, do share your review of this product with me. My basset hound, Wrigley, has the THICKEST and longest toenails ever know to dog - I kid you not! I would buy this product in a heartbeat, if I could be sure that it actually works - SO - I'm looking for some feedback here...let me know if you own one! Look - don't think I'm insane...it says right there on the telly...it's REVOLUTIONARY!!!!



Good Gravy! Why don't they warn people who work midnights in advance?? DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take a debit/credit card to work with you on a graveyard shift...it's just not safe.

[sidebar] I take my dog to the groomer every 2 weeks & they clip her nails...WHY in the name of canines am I in n
eed of a pet nail trimmer?

Well - I must go for now...I feel myself getting sucked into the Bowflex TreadClimber thing - only 6 million payments of $5/month - I'm looking for my credit card right now...

and then I'm going to finish my Vanilla Frosty from Wendy's. ;]

Love to all! Have a happy Monday!


5 comments:

  1. Hey! You've got some cool stuff on your blog! Can't help you with the pedi paws though. My only request is if you buy it, would you please come and trim my dogs nails!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that PediPaws thing but I don't know anyone who has one.

    Upon waking this morning my first thought was "man I wish I wasn't so busy" but after reading your blog I think I prefer my never ending "to do" list that I have at work (and that seems to follow me home as well.

    If you get the tread climber let me know how it works.

    -Loretta

    PS - Now I really want a vanilla frosty and I ahven't even had breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen =]
    I invested in one of those pedi paws for my basset Roo. She has yet to let us use it on her...the vibration is a little powerful and my baby dont like it..she runs everytime. But I have heard others say it was a god send. Probley depends on how mellow your doggie is.
    I will ship you mine if you wanna try it..since our doggie dont like it. Let me know.
    Love ya
    xoxoxo
    Danni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen,
    Thank goodness I followed your Myspace link to you here. I got one of these as a gift from my mother 2 weeks ago, so...Jolynn to the rescue. I clip my Rottweiler and my Puggles toenails EVERY SINGLE Saturday. Then I file them with a very coarse file I buy at Sally's Beauty Supply. Partly cuz I'm OCD about not letting the "quick" of their nail get too long, and I know just exactly how much I can clip off if I do it every week. Nothing drives me more crazy than hearing their toenails on the floor. The 2 weeks I've had this GENIOUS invention I have loved every minute of doing their nails. Thankfully, they're both very good about getting their nails cut but I know most dogs aren't really down with it. I still clip them, and then I use the PediPaws instead of the coarse nail file I used to use. After filing one nail with it, I ditched the orangey/yellow cap and just use the sandpaper type attachment. It looks more like the tool that the Mall Nail Salons use on acrylic nails for people. It was too hard to line the dogs nail up to the hole in the orangeish cap. You can't hold it on the nail...you kind of have to swoop it back and forth so it doesn't get too hot on their nailbed. If Wrigleys nails are as thick as you say (as are my Rott's) you'll definately want to use the coarser attachment (changing it involves a screwdriver). I absolutely LOVE this thing after removing that orange cap thing. It's WAYYYYY faster than using a nail file and it doesn't hurt my hand at all. Clipping is the easy part, but I hate that it leave such sharp edges on their toenails. Oh, and don't order it on TV for Heaven's sake. They sell them at Walgreens for the super duper ultra low low price of only $19.99. I would think that if you bought one there and didn't like it, you could certainly return it and tell them it didn't work very well. They wouldn't hassle you I don't think. If you're comfortable doing Wrigley's nails and the dog is cooperative and doesn't mind you messing with her (or his?) paws, you've got nothing to lose. And if you do it weekly or every 10 days....you can get that "quick" of the nail to shrink back and eventually end up with nice tight nails on all 4 paws!

    Sorry for the novel....but I'm very passionate about my love for my new PediPaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't waste your money on PediPaw. I bought one at the Walmart in Robinson. I have two daschunds, Nicky and Sammy. Nicky has thick toenails like your dog. It takes about 5 minutes for each nail. You have to keep stopping because the friction from the rotating drum heats up and several times I could smell what seemed to be scorching toenails. 5-7 minutes per nail would take almost an hour - forget it. Loved the turkey throwdown! Jenn Crumrin's Mom

    ReplyDelete